a team of students bakes cookies for a local homeless shelter.
• 54 fifth through eighth grade students volunteered as altar servers
• 50 students volunteered as crossing guards
• Students collected items for the Women’s Guild Layette Project benefitting local, low-income mothers
• Jazz Band One shared their musical talents at the first annual Lions Pride auction
• Jazz Band One and Wind Ensemble performed in concert at Shriners Hospital for Children.
• First graders read 100 books to benefit the Scholastic Classroom Cares which donates books to those
• Third graders wrote letters to soldiers in Iraq and sent Christmas cards to wounded veterans at
Walter Reed hospital
• Fourth graders contributed to the United Nations Foundation’s Nothing But Nets program and knitted
blankets for seriously ill children via Project Linus
• Fifth graders collected 108 used coats for the Kuumba Emmanuel Coat Drive. Coats were repaired and
then donated to several Chicago schools
• Fifth and Sixth graders collected over $550 to be used toward the construction of St. Peter’s Church in
Kapyera , Zambia
• The entire school participated in food drives sponsored by Amate House, a young adult volunteer program,
the Oak Park Food Pantry and a Catholic Schools collection for Hurricane Relief
• Once again, our school participated in the Thanksgiving Project where meals are provided for the families
in need. The first through sixth graders made placemats and decorations, while the seventh and eighth
grades made goodie bags for the families to take home.