The Month of May
During the month of May we honor The Blessed Mother and the Rosary.
Please check your email for this weeks materials.
Mrs. LaView More
Pre K 4 Curriculum
Welcome to my classroom!
I am the Pre-K 4 Full Day teacher at Saint Giles.
My class begins at 8:05 and ends at 3:10.
We start our day with prayers, the Pledge of Allegiance, jobs, and circle time.
Listed below are some highlights of our curriculum.
Our curriculum highlights :
Religion (Stories of God’s Love, RCL Benziger)
Provide an opportunity for each child to understand that:
- God created the world and all that is in it
- God loves him/her
- God gives us signs of his love
- Jesus is God’s only Son and that he died for us
Language Arts (Happily Ever After, The Rowland Reading Program)
Provide an opportunity for each child to learn to:
- Handle a book and track print from left to right and top to bottom
- Identify and name the letters of the alphabet
- Understand letter-sound relationships
- Listen with understanding
- Relate prior knowledge to new information
- Respond to verbal directions
Math(Hands On Standards program)
With the use of manipulatives, we provide an opportunity for students to:
- Demonstrate early understanding of measurements using non-standard units
- Order objects
- Sort and classify objects by a variety of properties
- Recognize, count and write numbers
- Demonstrate one-to-one correspondence
- Add and subtract with the use of manipulatives
- Recognize and name two and three dimensional shapes
Hands on experiences, prompt students to:
- Ask questions about organisms and events in the environment
- Use simple tools to measure and relate data
- Discuss differences between living and non-living things
Music/Movement/Finger plays/Large Motor
Music and movement activities are incorporated into our day in order to foster the children’s natural enthusiasm for music and movement into a positive and fun learning experience.
Social Studies/Kindness Curriculum/Social Emotional
Through current events, literature and daily routines, children learn to:
- Help each other & treat people fairly
- Identify roles/jobs in the classroom and community
- Describe traditions and holidays
- Fine motor skills
- Experience using various media
- Have Fun!