New friends are waiting to meet you at
ST. GILES PRESCHOOL
Focus on the Whole Child
At St. Giles, we believe that lifelong learning begins in the earliest of years. That’s why we continually challenge ourselves to be leaders in the area of Early Childhood Education and ensure our students and their families are provided every opportunity for educational success. Our recently refurbished and enhanced Early Childhood Education Center is a testament of our commitment to the youngest members of our school community.
Preschool Program Goals
- To help children experience school as a safe, loving place
- To provide caring teachers who are present to guide students
- To further develop a natural love of learning in each student
- To support the social development of children as they learn to be part of a community
- To create an awareness that a loving God is present in the classroom
Our curriculum provides the building blocks to help children transition from a world of play to a world of learning and community. It successfully prepares them for their future life as a student both in and outside of the classroom. The curriculum is focused on the following areas:
- Phonemic awareness: introduce an enriching vocabulary and share books that initiate discussion
- Pre-reading skills: build visual discrimination, visual perception, sequencing, prediction & story-telling
- Fine & gross motor skills: teach appropriate use of crayons & scissors, learn to work with manipulative materials (puzzles, clay & paint), move from parallel to interactive play, develop sense of color & one-on-one awareness
- Music: learn appreciation through the Musikgarten program, singing and listening, participation in rhythm band. Preschool teachers are certified Musikgarten instructors.
- Math and Science: observe the seasons & nature, graphing, one-on-one counting
- Social growth: enhance curriculum goals to provide social growth and the ability to listen and follow directions
- Seeds magazine is used to focus on weekly themes from the Sunday Gospels.
St. Giles Early Childhood Education Program
St. Giles understands the varied needs of our families and students at the early childhood education stage of student life. Therefore, we have developed a flexible program to help accommodate these needs. Below is a summary of the programming offering for this school year.
Three-year-old program: 8:10 am – 11:10 am
- 2 Day Tuesday/Thursday
- 3 Day Monday/Wednesday/Friday
- 5 Day Monday – Friday
- 4 day Tuesday – Friday
- 5 day Monday – Friday
Preschool Extended Day Programming
The Extended Day program provides the following hours of service:
- Extended day for 3 and 4-year old morning students: 11:10 – 3:10
- Kids Klub Before school care: 7:00 am – 8:10 am
Kids Klub After school care: 3:10 pm – 6:00 pm