This summer, you will continue to work on your i-Ready learning path which you began at the start of this year. i-Ready activities target specific skills based on the diagnostic tests taken earlier this year.
The encouraged amount of time to work on i-ready is 45 minutes in math and 45 minutes in reading exercises per week.
- Samurai Rising: The Epic Life of Minamoto Yoshitsune (Non-fiction) by Pamela S. Turner
- Mockingbird (Fiction) by Kathryn Erskine
- Lilac Girls (Fiction) by Martha Hall Kelly
- Bystander (Fiction) by James Preller
- The Night Gardener ( Fantasy Fiction) by Jonathan Auxier
- The Running Dream (Realistic Fiction) by Wendelin Van Draanen
- Tangerine (Realistic Fiction) by Edward Bloor
- The Outsiders (Realistic Fiction) by H.G Hinton
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (Historical Fiction) by Mildred D. Taylor
Read one (or more!) book from the list over break. There will be a reading quiz in the first week of school.