Steps for successfully completing the worksheet:
- Determine whether to use the verb “ser” or “estar” based on the information in the sentence. Use your notes from class as well as the guidelines at the top of the worksheet.
- Ex. El nino ______ triste. (The boy is sad). —- It is talking about an emotion so we would use the verb “estar”
- Conjugate the verb based on the subject in the sentence.
- The boy is sad. —- The subject is “boy” so if we change that to a pronoun, it becomes “he” (El).
- Look at your “estar” conjugation chart. Find the subject “el”. What is the conjugation?
- “El/Ella esta”
- Add your conjugated verb to the line.
- El nino esta triste.