Mrs. Bridget LaPietra’s Class
Welcome to Preschool!
I am so excited to have your child in my class this year!
Preschool is a wonderful time full of fun, friendships, socialization and growing independence.
Together we will make a great team and have a wonderful year!
Some information about myself:
My students call me Mrs. La!
This is my 15th year at Saint Giles School.
I have been an Early Childhood Educator for over 30 years!
I have my degree in Early Childhood Education and Special Needs. I attended and graduated from Mundelein College/Loyola University Chicago. I student taught at Rush Medical Center. I also attended The University of Madrid where I studied Art History.
I am married. My family and I belong to Saint Mary Riverside.
I have 3 adult children and I have 3 grandchildren. My grandson attends school here at Saint Giles, Go Lions!
My mother’s family has a long history here at Saint Giles. They joined Saint Giles in it’s early days and my Great Aunt Vivian was the first Lay Teacher at the school. We have always loved Saint Giles and it’s warm welcoming community. I am blessed to be part of Saint Giles! Thank you!
I am the Full Day teacher here in the Early Childhood Center.
My Professional Background is…
- Illinois Type 4 Early Childhood Teaching Certificate
- Illinois Type 2 Early Childhood Teaching Certificate/Endorsement, Self-Contained Classroom Teacher
- 30+ years of classroom experience 🙂
- Certified Musikgarten Teacher
- Certified Catechist/Archdiocese of Chicago
- Archdiocese of Chicago, Heart of the School Award Recipient for Early Childhood Education