Faith & Families in Action
The Faith & Family committee connects the SGS community with experiences and resources that further the integration of our Catholic faith with school and family life. The Faith & Family committee:
- Connects families within the context of faith experiences – Great Grade Masses, Faith on the Go, all school mass hospitality/gatherings, speakers, etc.
- Encourages students with Great Grade Mass activities, prayer intention boxes, and prayer traditions.
- Supports faculty and staff with resources, research and speakers.
- Informs and inspires the school community via articles and links on the E-News and website.
- Prays for our students, families, faculty and staff.
Great Grade Masses
Students attend weekly Mass, and you are always encouraged to participate. Once each semester, the weekly mass is designated a Great Grade Mass for a specific class. On these days, the children are more involved, family members or friends can sit with their student, and hospitality for adults and those students with a grown up in attendance is offered. Children are then escorted back to their rooms, and the adults can linger for continued conversation and connection.
Faith on the Go!
All are welcome to walk/run (strollers and younger siblings are welcome!) from St. Giles to the Grotto at Dominican University. Gather on the steps of the church after the 8:10 school drop-off. Our two dates for the 2017-18 school year are:
- 10/06/17 in honor of the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary
- 05/01/18 in honor of Mary’s month
Prayer Intention Boxes
Each room will receive a prayer intention box so that students may submit their requests throughout the year. At the Great Grade Mass, students will bring up the box at the offertory and the assembly will pray over these intentions. These special requests will also be passed onto the St. Giles Prayer Circle for inclusion in their ongoing ministry.