LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENTS
April was the last formal PTO meeting of the year, and we had a big turnout--particularly parents of second graders! Thank you for coming and sharing your thoughts.
Most of our meeting was dedicated to the large number of activities coming up that need you--our volunteers! If you haven't fulfilled your 8 hours of Parent Service time, there are multiple opportunities ahead, most importantly the PLAYGROUND BUILD. You can find links for these volunteer activities (and Hot Lunch and Birthday Book Club) here [hotlink:https://signup.com/group/9757320000116] and here. [hotlink: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/help-build-a-playground-at-st-giles-school-tickets-59202157246]
- May 1 Fine Arts Fest--Parents are needed to help get student art ready for presentation
- May 9 Plant Sale--Plants need to be organized and sorted after they are delivered
- May 10 Grandparents Day--McDonough Hall needs to be decorated and filled with breakfast for the grandparents
- May 11 Outdoor Classroom Clean-Up--The garden needs adult attention to get it ready for a summer of growth
- May 16 Playground Prep Day--Handy volunteers needed who can pre-build large portions of the playground equipment
- May 17 Variety Show--Parents needed to get the kids ready to go on stage on-time
- May 18 Playground Build--100 volunteers needed to get the playground installed (Let's show Kaboom! and Reedy Industries how much we appreciate being the recipients of this $80,000 grant!)
- May 24, June 3, June 4, June 5 & June 6 End-of-Year Picnics--Room Parents need your help organizing this fun day for our kids
We closed out the year announcing that Kristen Reale will move out of communications and into the role of co-president. A big thank you to Kristen after four years in that role! She will be working with Amy Crilly, who will be moving into her second year in that position as I step down. Joanne Biemer and Marguerite Roza have agreed to another year as co-VPs of finance, while Grisel Robles-Schrader is stepping down from co-VP of communications (thanks, Grisel, for all your work getting us up-to-date on the website!). That means we have two positions on the executive committee to fill. Communications is a great role for working parents or those with young children due to the relatively flexible hours required to draft the enews, update the website and Facebook page, and communicate with room parents. Please reach out if you are interested!
Being co-president for the past two years has been truly rewarding. I have seen first-hand what a great school we have. Our new school administration is tireless, creative, responsive, and a pleasure to work with. Our parent volunteers are some of the most dedicated people I have met--to the school and our kids--while also being friendly and hard working! I hope you will join me at the end-of-year party for volunteers at my house on Monday, June 3. Look to the enews in late May for more details.
|May||14||7:00 PM||(Year End Social)|
- See Letter from the Presidents (left) with ALL events for the rest of the school year. Please sign up to help today!
- Thank you to everyone who purchased flowers and plants through the Mother's Day Plan Sale to support the Outdoor Classroom. You will be contacted about pick up/delivery information in the coming weeks.
BIRTHDAY BOOK CLUB
Birthday Book Club is a way to celebrate student birthdays while building our school library. For a small donation, students are invited during their birthday month to participate in a special pizza party during which they can select a new book to be presented to the school library. Volunteers are needed to organize attendees, oversee donations, and run the lunch.
Faith and Family Great Grade Mass Schedule:
4th and 5th: Tuesday March 19
2nd and 3rd: Wednesday March 27
Kinder and 1st: Wednesday, April 10
6th: Tuesday, April 30
7th: Tuesday, May 14
8th: Wednesday May 29
Please Join Us!
Mass begins at 8:30.
Children may sit with their parents, but no hospitality will follow.